My garden is overflowing, so methinks it’s time for more zucchini recipes!
This dish doesn’t call for much zucchini, so it’s actually not all that helpful in tackling my zucchini overload. But…it’s yummy just the same, and I’m jonesing for some bread, so there ya go.
Sweet Cinnamony Zucchini Bread
2 cups grated zucchini
egg replacer for 3 eggs
1 cup oil
2 C. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. baking soda
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup raisins (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350, oil 2 8.5×4.5 loaf pans
2) Mix zucchini, egg replacer, sugar, oil, and vanilla in a large bowl.
3) In another bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder.
4) Gradually mix dry ingredients in with zucchini mixture. Stir well.
5) Pour batter into 2 pans, bake 40-60min. (Mine was nicely browned after 40 minutes, so keep an eye on it starting at 30 minutes!)
Serves: 2 loaves
Preparation time: 15 min.
As you can see, I omitted the raisins. (I am fussy, yo!) I did, however, add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to the second loaf.